Case Study: SolidWorks
Who is SolidWorks?
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks offers complete 3D software tools that let you create, simulate, publish, and manage your data.
What did Solidworks Try to Accomplish?
SolidWorks was developing an app.
What is Their Business Model and How Does That Impact Their Infrastructure Choice?
The software is free to use for anyone with an internet connection. Infrastructure should be highly scalable and global as we will eventually want to reach an audience across the world.
Why are They Using a Cloud Infrastructure as a Service?
Provides us with good balance of flexibility, performance and economy to reach our target audience.
3DS OUTSCALE support has been very responsive in reacting to problems and quickly solving them.
What is Their Global Experience? Do They Recommend 3DS OUTSCALE?
Experience has been very good. I recommend 3DS OUTSCALE to other teams in Dassault Systemes. It will help us grow the strategic Infrastructure as a Service within the DS Group. This area becomes very important strategically especially with the growth of large number of connected devices and attached services and solutions.
Advantages of Choosing 3DS OUTSCALE
- Personalized and high quality service from 3DS OUTSCALE Support team.
- Excellent interface of Dashboard / Cockpit.
- Very competitive offering compared with leading IaaS providers
- Very flexible and allows use of certain Platform API from other providers – like S3 and SES from Amazon.
3DS OUTSCALE Offering Deployed
- 3DS OUTSCALE EC2 Instances for FrontEnd, BackEnd and Database Servers
- Load Balancers for FrontEnd and BackEnd Servers
- EBS High Iops volumes for Database server
Personalized and high quality service from 3DS OUTSCALE Support team.